Wednesday, September 06, 2006

On the Road Again . . .


On the Road Again . . .


Reality is tough on a fat guy, however I must say that I really do know when I am slipping back into my old ways. I just chose to ignore it, until I hit a point where I was not satisfied with the direction.

This is not easy.

I have said it before, being fat is a choice as is being healthy, but why does it seem so easy to be fat? Don’t get me wrong, I know nothing in life is free, and the good things in life are those you really work hard for, but being fat is cake (no pun intended).

Last week my wonderful wife Amanda purchased for me a “FoodSaver”. One of the machines that sucks the air out of something you want to keep fresh for later and then seals the food for you.

The past two Sundays I have gone to our local Whole Foods and purchased one weeks worth of meals, brought them home, cooked them in a healthy manner and then sealed them for the week.

The past two weeks I have had, daily Breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, Dinner, snack. All healthy meals and small portions. I have not had more than 1,800 calories in a day for the last two weeks. I am averaging 1,733 per day as of today.

I began my half iron Man training for IronStar, an HIM (Half Iron Man) in Conroe Texas on October 29th. Monday was my first day and my swim coach is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Awesome at kicking my butt!

So far so good on the training. It is difficult, but I am doing it. I realize it will take a great deal of training for me to complete a HIM, so no griping here.

Just wanted everyone to know I am back on it and working hard. One of these times it will be permanent. One of the times I will look back over all of this a be thankful for it and appreciate where I am at that time, hopefully 220 Lbs.

Thanks to everyone who sent me kind emails and posts. I truly does mean a great deal to me. I read them and instantly begin to plan and focus. We all need that at times. While I know only I can take care of me, it is still nice to know there are people like you that are behind my aspirations.

Thanks.

No comments: