Saturday, March 11, 2006

Cure for Cancer 5k



This was a fun run for breast cancer research.

The big news is, Amanda, my beautiful wife, participated in this run with me! This is her first ever any kind of race. I was so happy and excited.

Amanda is not what you would call an athlete. She is however, the cutest thing ever when she runs. I can’t explain her run, you’d have to see it for yourself, but trust me, it would make you smile.

It was exceptionally hot in Baton Rouge today. It got up to 86 degrees today and then it was quite humid. I had my goal set to average sub-15 minute miles. I was feeling good for about 10 minutes of the run, and then I noticed my heart rate above 180.

I slowed and even walked at one point to try and bring my HR down, but it stayed near 165, so I just pushed it in. I finished at 50:01, which is about 15:30 minute miles. I didn’t make my goal, but I did as well as I could considering the heat and humidity.

Amanda finished in just a bit over 40:00. I was so proud of her.

The best part was, after the race she said to me “Maybe I could do a triathlon relay?”

What a perfect day.

No comments: